Monday, January 19, 2009

On MLK's b-day and the eve of the inauguration I can't help but reflect on the past year and how much things around me have changed in a positive way. I left an absolutely crazy job for much more sanity and then took on some extra responsibilities to complicate life because, well, it was just too easy :) I'm busy, but it doesn't feel like I am losing control of my happiness. I am finally teaching, a goal of mine for a long time, and looking forward to a strategic marketing project at Booz Allen that will allow me reach my full potential as a professional. I have a gorgeous condo (despite it's declining value and constant need for repairs...or reno jobs I create), amazing family and friends, a strong support system, and love I have never experienced. I don't believe in making resolutions or even the new year. However, I am definitely going to live day by day with the same faith and consistency as I have for the past year. Watch out...2009 may be the year this Manigross pushes beyond any boundaries.

No comments: